Now that the project is underway, there are so many ways that through the generosity of all of you, we could make the dream of a healthy, holistic site for young Aboriginal families become the best example of an urban Village possible – perhaps a model for the rest of Canada.
What do we need?
* funds to purchase the site from the City so the the Victoria Native Friendship Centre will own the site rather than leasing it, providing security of tenure
* commercial equipment for the kitchen in the amenity room to teach cooking but also to feed people
* playground equipment that will spark the creative juices of our little ones
* exercise equipment to promote healthy lifestyles amongst the parents, grandparents and young adults
* up to date computers for those attending school in post secondary institutions such as Camosun College ( a major participant in the creation of Siem Lelum)
If you think you can help in any way, please visit the Victoria Native Friendship Centre website: www.vnfc.ca
I will be posting pictures as soon as the Construction manager is hired and the actual upgrades to the site begins.
Until next time………..